As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, India had several talented female boxers who had made a mark in the sport. Keep in mind that rankings and the status of athletes can change over time, so it’s important to check the latest information for the most up-to-date list of top women boxers in India. However, here are a few Indian women boxers who were notable in 2021:
- Mary Kom: Mary Kom is one of the most celebrated Indian boxers, male or female. She is a six-time world champion and an Olympic bronze medalist. Her contributions to Indian boxing are immense, and she remains an inspiration for many.
- Simranjit Kaur: Simranjit Kaur competes in the lightweight division and has represented India at various international competitions. She has won medals at the Asian Championships and other prestigious events.
- Pooja Rani: Pooja Rani is an Indian boxer who competes in the middleweight division. She has secured medals in international tournaments and has been a prominent figure in Indian women’s boxing.
- Lovlina Borgohain: Lovlina Borgohain is an Indian welterweight boxer who won a bronze medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. She has also won medals at the World Championships and Asian Championships.
- Sarita Devi: Sarita Devi is an experienced Indian boxer who has competed in various weight categories. She has won medals at the World Championships and Asian Games and is known for her technical skills.
- Manisha Moun: Manisha Moun is a promising Indian boxer who competes in the featherweight division. She has represented India at international competitions and is seen as a rising talent in women’s boxing.
Please note that the status and rankings of these boxers may have changed since my last update in 2021. To find the most current information about the top women boxers in India in 2022 or beyond, I recommend checking the latest news and rankings from Indian boxing associations and international boxing organizations.